You claim to do it out of love.
Am I questioning whether you "love" me or not? No. I am merely stating a fact.
If purchasing iPhones and MacBooks qualifies as a way of showing true love, then take them back.
Take away my possessions that you've so kindly given me.
Take away the electronics and excess clothing.
I will hand them over in a heartbeat in exchange for a mere moment of your time.
A moment in which you will listen to me.
A second to explain myself.
A time where you will set your judgements and assumptions aside in order to truly attempt to understand what I am going through.
Its complicated, yes. Do I expect you to be able to relate and give me answers for unexplainable situations? No.
All I ask is a moment to tell you:
That I'm not as "lost" and "broken" as you think I am.
That I am capable of having relationships with others.
That I am taking on more responsibilities and can make my own decisions.
While all of that is incredibly true, I would also like to tell you that on some level, I am not okay. That I still suffer from
That although I haven't truly dealt with the obstacles and traumas that I've been given, it doesn't mean that you have to. I want you to know that I don't need you to fix things for me - because you can't.
I just need you to sit back and let me live my own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment