Saturday, June 18, 2011

jumping in.

I tend to worry about the smallest things. I tend to overanalyze ideas and thoughts that most people wouldn't think twice about. I tend to think of the worst outcomes before I can even begin to imagine the positives.
What if what I post doesn't make any sense?
What if my words make me come off as melodramatic or depressing?
What if I pour my heart into this text, only to have no one read it?
Well, I've decided to quit obsessing over ridiculous or even inevitable consequences and just jump in.

I've given quite a lot of thought onto what I'd post when I would get around to finally make my own blog.
I'd debate whether to start off with a serious and seemingly dramatic introduction onto the horrors and traumas in my life, or play it cool - to act as if this blog isn't important to me at all.
Those two extremes seem pretty...well. Extreme.
This blog will no doubt become very important to me. I will use this as an outlet to both relieve stress and express new and creative ideas. But I will ensure that I will use it for both. With every seemingly negative or depressing post I type, I vow to match it with a positive post shortly after.
Because as helpful it is to express their troubles, it is just as important to remind oneself of the positives in life.

Well, there we go. I've written my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment